Chateau in Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives
In a peaceful and protected environment, on the edge of the Dives river, this superb property is listed as a historical monument and has preserved all its prestigious setting. Located at the gateway to the Pays d’Auge, the property is surrounded by other large prestigious castles that enhance its surroundings.
ISMH: facade and roofs of the chateau and the outbuildings, main staircase with wrought iron railing, ponds, large meadow in front of the chateau.
Several times refurbished, hidden behind its stone walls and an elegant entrance porch, the chateau has a right-wing dating from the reign of Henry II with its Renaissance pediment openings. The main facade, dating from the Louis XIII period, is opened by a door with a pediment decorated with two adjoining escutcheons. A left-wing from the 18th century completes this superb property.
The courtyard iis encompassed on either side by two perpendicular stone buildings, in the center of which a vast pond reflects the walls of the chateau.
The Henri II wing:
– A large room with a stone floor, has a superb fireplace with its overmantel, and a French ceiling.
– At the back of the room, a temporary shower room.
– The former kitchen of the chateau with a large stone fireplace, completed by a scullery and a pantry.
The tower has been restored and was awarded in 2016. Through its spiral staircase, a small corridor leads to:
– A toilet
– A bedroom (1) of about 16 sqm with fir parquet floor, marble fireplace and a water point.
– A room (2) of about 24 sqm in good condition, with two windows on the courtyard and a wooden fireplace.
– A room (3) of about 17 sqm, accessible through the spiral staircase.
– A room (4) of 25 sqm with parquet floor,
– A bathroom of about 12 sqm with stone floor.
The central building:
– A large dual aspect entrance with its stone staircase, encircled by a wrought iron banister of the period, restored with the help of Historical Monuments.
– An air heater hidden under the staircase by an oak door.
– The large living room of about 38 sqm with high ceiling of 3.25 m with woodworks, parquet floors and fireplace.
– The dining room of 39 sqm with a fireplace equipped with an insert and its stone overmantel.
– A small corridor on the back leads to the kitchen opening onto the back garden.
– A recent kitchen on a tiled floor with wooden elements and a large window on the courtyard.
– A space under the porch opening on both sides of the house.
– At the back, a beautiful vaulted cellar with its earthen floor including the boiler of the 90s and the 2 oil tanks (2,000 and 1,500 L).
The first floor:
Served by a superb gallery with renovated windows and its stone floor.
– A room (5) of approx. 25 sqm with beautiful woodworks, a fireplace and a toilet.
– A bedroom (6) of about 20 sqm, with woodworks and a big fireplace.
– A bathroom with its bathtub on foot and its large window.
– A bedroom (7) of about 25 sqm with a beautiful fireplace.
– At the back, on the garden side, a small bedroom (8) with a window and a water point.
– a bedroom (9) of about 16 sqm with its water point.
To the west, a large stone building, the former farm, consists of a dairy, stables and two barns.
To the east of the courtyard, another building includes on the first floor a fruit store, a cider cellar, 3 garages and a remarkable wine press in good condition. On the first floor an apartment with 18th century elements to be renovated.
The courtyard and the outside spaces:
Surrounded by 2.5 hectares, the property is protected outside the walls up to the sluice gate which feeds the pond by a canal coming from the Dives and passing under the building to the west. There are also 2 wells, an orchard, a meadow beyond the pond, an alley of beech trees, a small wood and a tool house in the orchard.
The back of the chateau is decorated with a lovely walled garden.
– Most of the window frames are in good condition according to the renovations undertaken.
– 3 septic tanks with individual sanitation.
– The walls are in good condition except for 10 m in the enclosed garden.
– Two oil-fired boilers from the 80s and 90s.
– 3 electric meters and a central meter for the two of the chateau.
– Cumulus 100 liters and 50 liters.
– 5 toilets.
– Roofs maintained.
– Property tax: € 3,063
This elegant property is ideal for an architecture lover who, in partnership with the historical monuments, could conceive other renovations. The place and its environment delight the visitor by its calm and its romantic allure.
The two large outbuildings could also be used for new projects.
Information on the risks to which this property is exposed is available on the GeoHazards website: www.georisques.gouv.fr
You Advisor : Laurence ARDANT
- 450 m² interior
- 2 bathroom(s)
- 15 room(s)
- 27000 m² outside
- 9 room(s)
Honoraires : Comfort and equipment
Normandy has 6 places or traditions listed – or registered – as UNESCO World Heritage sites, but also villages listed among the “Most Beautiful Villages of France” and 2 thermal spas. Beyond these remarkable sites, each town and village in Normandy is worth discovering.Learn more about the region