Chateau in Vaux-le-Pénil
50km from the South-East of Paris, 7 km from the A5 motorway and 8 km from Vaux-le-Vicomte.
Built in the middle of the 18th century and renovated in the 1980s, the chateau has been remarkably well maintained since then.
It offers more than 800 sqm of living space, fully fitted out, and 20 main rooms on 3 floors (excluding attics and cellars). The chateau is surrounded by a 70 ha estate and a remarkable listed English-style walled park of 18 ha with ancient statues.
The estate includes a hermitage, an obelisk, a belvedere, a tower, 3 lakes, walkways lined with century-old trees, numerous box trees and flower beds, an orchard, a vegetable garden with greenhouses, an orangery.
The chateau is composed of:
– Ground floor: entrance hall with stone staircase leading to the upper floors, small dining room, lounge, large living room, office, vast dining room, kitchen, laundry room, vestibule, boiler room. Ceiling height of around 5m.
– First floor accessible through 2 staircases and separate into suites: landing and corridor leading in the right wing to a suite composed of 2 bedrooms with bathroom and dressing; on the centre of the building and in the left wing, 3 bedrooms with their own bathrooms including a parental suite with terraces. Ceiling height of around 3.80m.
– Second floor: 2 3-room apartments with bathroom. Ceiling height of around 2.80m.
Beautiful architectural elements and meticulous interior decoration: fireplaces in the main rooms, paintings and drawings on the walls, stuccoes, woodwork, parquet flooring, terracotta tiles, antique tiles. Oil-fired central heating.
Numerous outbuildings, mostly fitted out and developing a surface of more than 800 sqm on the ground over 2 floors that can accommodate up to 250 people:
– pheasantry, former communal areas adjoining the chateau, forming a square courtyard and organised for events with a row of 3 reception rooms with a surface area of 240 sqm, 2 entrance porches, stables, workshops, technical premises, etc.
– a house with 4 rooms (70 sqm), renovated and occupied by caretakers, with garages
– an orangery in its walled park,
– a driveway with entrance gates and protective ditches
– an independent dwelling outside the park. The woods on 52 ha are covered by a forest management plan.
Information on the risks to which this property is exposed is available on the GeoHazards website georisques.gouv.fr
No nuisances noted. Serious references required.
You Advisor : Thierry DE LANGSDORFF
- 800 m² interior
- 7 bathroom(s)
- 20 room(s)
- 700000 m² outside
- 10 room(s)
Honoraires : Comfort and equipment
ECD blank, non-usable consumption
Ile de France and Paris, capital of the arts of yesterday and today! An exceptional concentration of art and culture treasures, 180 museums and monuments, internationally renowned collections of paintings, sculptures and decorative arts… that’s Paris!Learn more about the region