Chateau in Jonzac
IN A VILLAGE NEAR JONZAC
Listed property consisting of a splendid 15th C. Chateau in excellent condition and its outbuildings recently refurbished set in grounds of 7542 m² fully enclosed with walls with swimming pool 14x5m. The other buildings : 3 bedroom cottage with private garden, 3 bedroom apartment, 1 studio apartment, 5 bedroom barn conversion with adjoining apartment, garage for 3 cars, huge reception room with catering kitchen, chai. Courtyard and French formal garden. Possibility of further development. The property is sold in “viager” partially occupied. Bouquet : 1,197,000 euros AFI. Viager annuity : 3,123 euros per month.
On ground floor
– Entrance to grand stone spiral staircase
– Fully fitted luxury designer kitchen /living room of 49 m² with period tiles, stunning fireplace and pantry. Doors onto garden.
– Large shower room with WC
– Living room of 38 m² with panelling and silk wall coverings
– Library /office
On first floor
– Large double bedroom with wonderful fireplace and original tiled floor
– Dressing room
– Bathroom /WC
Upper first floor
– Large double bedroom with fireplace, en-suite shower room
– Separate WC shared with a further bedroom
On second floor (access via separate spiral stone staircase)
– Tower bedroom with fireplace
– Salon /cinema room of 49 m²
– 2 double bedrooms of 27 m² and 16.50 m²
– Shower room/WC
Lower ground floor
– Salon of 38 m² with stone floor and fireplace
– Boiler room
– Boot room
The Chateau is a “Monument Historique” : two fireplaces and the stone spiral staircases are listed.
Oil-fired central heating.
Sanitation : recently installed septic tank and Ecoflo filter servicing all buildings.
– Character cottage of 70 m² consisting of an open plan living /dining room with fireplace, new fitted kitchen, 3 double bedrooms, new shower room /WC. Private garden. Adjacent craft room /studio (ground floor) : possibility to convert to double bedroom with separate shower room /WC. Oil-fired central heating.
– Studio apartment (ground floor) of 44 m² : new fitted kitchen, open plan living /dining room, double bed, log burner, separate shower/WC. Electric heating.
– 3 bedroom apartment (first floor) of 70 m² : new fitted kitchen, open plan living /dining room, 2 double bedrooms (1 ensuite) and 1 single bedroom, separate shower room/WC. Elecric heating.
– Large reception room of 94 m² (80 sat persons) with alembic feature (cognac distillation equipment) and original wooden beams, catering kitchen and pantry, WC and well. Electric heating. Separate service entrance. Possibility to convert very large spacea above.
– Open barn : large roofed summer living area with sitting /dining /bbq
– Chai : currently used to store garden equipment but possibility of conversion
– Garage of 51 m² for 3 cars
– Large barn of 170 m² converted to living space for the elderly resident (93 years old) : Spacious kitchen /dining room, large salon with log burner, office, double bedroom with additional dressing area, walk-in shower room/WC, underfloor electric heating ; 1st floor : 2 double ensuite bedrooms, 2 further double bedrooms, shower room/WC. Electric heating.
– Adjoining apartment of 50 m² currently used by carers with kitchen /dining room, double bedroom with sitting area, shower room/WC. Electric heating.
Large and magnificent park, very well maintained
French formal gardens
Heated swimming pool 14x5m in fenced enclosure
Parking area with electric entrance gate
You Advisor : Marie TANGUY
- 825 m² interior
- 13 bathroom(s)
- 30 room(s)
- 7542 m² outside
- 18 room(s)
- Honoraires : Honoraires charge acquéreur
- Prix honoraires exclus : 1 140 000 €
- % commission : 5%
ECD blank, non-usable consumption
Nestled in its vineyards, located near the forest, the ocean and the Pyrenean valleys, New Aquitaine includes the former regions of Aquitaine, Limousin and Poitou-Charentes. This region lives at the rhythm of the new century without denying its penchant for culture, gastronomy, sports, nature, in a word: the art of living.Learn more about the region