Chateau in Caen
Enhanced by a superb English-style park, this elegant chateau, remodeled to improve its comfort in the 19th century, consists of a T-shaped building. The two perpendicular wings are an independent space, with a separate but communicating entrance.
The main entrance in Caen stone and black cabochon, opened on a stone staircase (concealing toilet) with a wrought iron handrail, leads to the dual aspect reception rooms.
– Dining room of 28sqm with half-height woodwork, Caen stone floors and windows on each side.
– Small lounge or study of 25sqm, with 4 windows, painted beam ceiling and woodwork.
– Large living room of 35sqm, 6 windows, internal shutters, woodwork, herringbone parquet floors, Louis XVI fireplace.
– Large kitchen of 26sqm with hood, beams on the ceiling, floor tiles, 1 window and a door opening onto the garden, adjoining a back kitchen, with closet, town gas boiler room.
At the first floor, a large corridor leads to 3 bedrooms with views of the park, bathroom with antique bathtub and a pleasant library. At the end of the corridor, above the large living room, a bedroom with 4 windows, bathrooms, shower and toilet used as guest room.
At the second floor, a bedroom of 22sqm communicating with another bedroom with a fireplace, a shower room and toilet that form an independent suite for guest accommodation.
In the extension of the corridor, bedroom of 25sqm with windows, parquet floors and dressing room.
In a perpendicular wing, an independent access door, opening onto an elm staircase, gives access to:
– a bright and fitted kitchen,
– an adjoining dining room with 3 windows, Caen stone floors and stone fireplace.
– a room with independent boiler, 300-litre water heater and small cellar.
Upstairs: large living room with fireplace, study with woodwork and fireplace, bathroom with antique bathtub and toilet.
On the second floor: shower room with toilet, 2 attic bedrooms, large laundry room and several storage spaces.
The 1850 saddlery has been completely refurbished and is currently used as a gite:
– a large SPA area in the former stables with jacuzzi, rest room, showers and toilets.
– 2 large garages were built in the former boxes.
– a living room heated by a stove.
– a fitted kitchen in the former boxes.
– an adjoining kitchen.
Upstairs: 5 bedrooms, 2 shower rooms and toilet.
A service staircase leads to 2 bedrooms to arrange.
The gite has an exit through an independent and automatic wooden gate.
In the park 3 other small stone houses are being converted. The English-style park has several species of trees, a rose garden (56 varieties), a vegetable garden, 5 wells, a pond, a belvedere covered with greenery. The belvedere gives a charming view of the chateau and its surroundings.
3 all-water pits. (2 for the chateau and 1 for the gite)
Gas heating for both structures.
Property tax 2 700 and 1 300 for the saddlery.
You Advisor : Béatrice GAYON
- 750 m² interior
- 7 bathroom(s)
- 18 room(s)
- 50000 m² outside
- 15 room(s)
Honoraires : Comfort and equipment
Normandy has 6 places or traditions listed – or registered – as UNESCO World Heritage sites, but also villages listed among the “Most Beautiful Villages of France” and 2 thermal spas. Beyond these remarkable sites, each town and village in Normandy is worth discovering.Learn more about the region