Chateau in Bar-sur-Aube
At the edge of a village in the south of Champagne, in a beautiful English park bordered by a river, vast mansion of the eighteenth and nineteenth century in excellent condition with many elements of comfort and having retained its authenticity: (fireplaces , exposed beams, stone slabs, woodwork, half-timbering etc.), including beautiful receptions including a living room of 125m2, 10 bedrooms and as many bathrooms, with its outbuildings: caretaker housing, hunting lodge, garages, orangery with large reception room, greenhouses, tennis court, all on about 13 ha of land including 4.5ha of park with bridle paths, lawns, near and wood.
This magnificent manor house, more than fifty meters long, is located close to the river. Its starting point is a modern-day factory, which still houses the turbine room. It is completely renovated at great expense to serve as a hunting lodge. one of the biggest families of Champagne.
The manor comprises:
– On the ground floor, a vestibule with large wooden staircase of 30 m2, a lounge “smoking room” of 30 m2 with elegant stone fireplace and slabs of Burgundy, corridor, old kitchen with piano, a dining room 40 m2 with fireplace, coffered woodwork and French ceiling, a contemporary kitchen with double exposure, a superb living room of 125 m2 with 17th century stone fireplace, Burgundy slabs and beamed ceiling supported by two wooden columns, opening onto a heated veranda of 20 m2. We then access the common: a toilet, a technical room of 70 m2 segmented laundry, woodshed, local “alarm and security, and management of indoor and outdoor water”, a workshop also serves as a garage for lawn mowers lawn of 55 m2, a former stable of 50 m2 for garden equipment and a compartment for oil tank. Two secondary stairs including one of the eighteenth allow access to the floors.
– On the first floor: on parquet, eight rooms carefully decorated with fireplaces, five with bathroom and toilet, an office, a toilet, a bathroom with toilet, two dressing rooms, a laundry
– On the second floor: two bedrooms with bathroom and toilet, an office and a bookcase with cupboards and shelves in solid oak, a room of archives of 69 m2 with ten cupboards, six cupboards, in solid oak, an artist’s studio, attics
– Basement: – Cellar with two compartments;
– Cellar “heating” with oil boiler and heat pump.
The caretaker’s accommodation, connected to the manor house by the Commons includes:
– On the ground floor: a dining room of 15 m2 and a kitchen of 18 m2, a technical room of 24 m2 (electricity, storage), a vestibule of 15 m2, a workshop-garage of 45 m2 (two vehicles).
-On the first floor: 45 m2, an office of 18 m2, three bedrooms and two bathrooms with WC each.
-On the 2nd floor: a playroom of 45 m2, a library of 50 m2.
– A hunting lodge with heating, including a hunting room of 30 m2 (with bar and fireplace) and a garage for 4 to 6 vehicles;
– A vast orangery of 325 m2, heated with recent windows (ideal for reception room)
– A greenhouse of 50 m2, heated;
– Tennis court (quick).
Land: Approximately 13 ha of land including 4.5ha of English park with bridle paths, old reach with bridge, lawns, near and wood. Fishing on more than 1km. 2ha of wood around. Rural lease on 4.5ha approximately
Location: 20km from Bar sur Aube, 38km from Chaumont, 70km from Troyes, 120km from Dijon and 2h15 from Paris.
You Advisor : Xavier FAUTRELLE DE FONDAUMIERE
- 1040 m² interior
- 10 bathroom(s)
- 25 room(s)
- 132617 m² outside
- 13 room(s)
Honoraires : Comfort and equipment
Burgundy offers prestigious wines and vineyards, the pleasure of gastronomy, sites classified as World Heritage by UNESCO, in a preserved natural site. It is the fruit of a perfect harmony between men, nature and the land. In Franche-Comté, castles, cities of art and history, monumental buildings or simple village architecture trace the region’s past.Learn more about the region