House in Niort
Set in NIORT, in an exceptional setting and dominating the river, this charming maison de maitre of 340 m² was fully restored. Set in a park of 2700 m², it offers attractive reception rooms, seven bedrooms, three shower rooms, and two bathrooms. The property also has a listed chapter room, an outbuilding-workshop, a swimming pool, and a 45 meters river bank with private landing stage. Located at the gates of the Marais Poitevin, this ensemble would be convenient for a host activity or a family house.
THE MAIN HOUSE consists of :
On ground floor, to the left :
– An entrance hall of 10,95 m² with flagstone floor with diamond inserts (Height under ceiling : 2,85 m), leading to :
– A dining room of 24,85 m² with parquet floor (Height under ceiling : 2,83 m), with stone fireplace, ceiling rose and cornicing, cupboard,
– A passageway of 3,20 m² with stone floor,
– A WC of 1,83 m²,
– An equipped kitchen of 17,43 m² with original stone floor, with Lacanche piano (Height under ceiling : 2,78 m),
– A back-kitchen of 4,71 m²,
To the right :
– A large entrance hall of 16,88 m² (Height under ceiling : 3,03 m), with stone floor, wooden staircase leading to first floor,
– A living room of 33,02 m² with stone floor, stone fireplace (Height under ceiling : 2,83 m),
– Intercommunicating is a room of 12,89 m² which could become a music room, a home cinema or a bedroom (Height under ceiling : 2,83 m),
– A room of 19,48 m² (Height under ceiling : about 3 m).
The first floor, to the left, opens on a private part. You will find :
– A passageway of 2,34 m², with floating parquet floor,
– A passageway of 5,61 m², with parquet floor,
– A boudoir of 9,25 m² (Height under ceiling : 2,95 m),
– A study or bedroom of 16,47 m² with floating parquet floor,
– A 39 m² bedroom ensuite of 24,94 m² with floating parquet floor (Height under ceiling : 2,95 m), which a bathroom of 9,92 m² (bath tub, shower, washbasin), a separate WC of 1,50 m², with tiled floor, and a dressing room of 2,50 m²,
– A laundry of 4,32 m² with sink and cupboards,
To the right, the part with guest rooms consists of :
– A passageway of 19,67 m², with tiled floor (Height under ceiling : 2,50 m),
– A bedrom ensuite with tiled floor, of 15,36 m², which a bathroom of 6,58 m² (corner bath tub, two washbasins), a separate WC of 1,53 m²,
– A bedroom ensuite with tiled floor, of 12,04 m², which a passageway of 3 m² with cupboard/wardrobe, a shower room of 5,73 m² (shower, washbasin), and a separate WC of 1,53 m²,
– A bedromo ensuite with tiled floor, of 19,37 m², which a passageway of about 4 m², a shower room of 6 m² (shower, two washbasins), a separate WC of 1,53 m², a laundry of 4 m² with tiled floor.
On second floor,
– A landing of 4 m²,
– A passageway of 3 m²,
– A bedroom of 24,93 m², with floating parquet floor (Height under ceiling : 2,70 m),
– A bedroom of 23 m²,
– A shower room of 5,14 m² (shower, washbasin).
The property offers also a listed chapter room of 30m² used as an office-cellar.
An adjoining outbuilding on three levels will be precious to store garden equipment.
You will find there other spaces as a workshop-boiler room of 24 m² or technical premises in the small tower.
Water is ubiquitous thanks to a well, a secure swimming pool of 9 x 5.50 metres (depth 1.10 m to 2.20 m), and a 45 metres length river bank with private mooring and access to a little bridge adjoining the house.
Benefiting from a quality restoration, the house has gas-fired central heating, with two hot water cylinders. It is connected to mains drains. The roof is covered with slate sheets on the main house, and tiles on the right hand section and over the outbuildings and the chapter room. Comfort features were added, as a water softener and an automatic gate.
NIORT is a town with TGV station and motorway access. Located close to the MARAIS POITEVIN and 50 minutes from LA ROCHELLE (town with airport and TGV station), it makes a very pleasant place to live in.
The property is set in a village with all amenities and schools.
You Advisor : Martine BRANDET
- 339.56 m² interior
- 5 bathroom(s)
- 12 room(s)
- 2700 m² outside
- 7 room(s)
- Honoraires : Honoraires charge acquéreur
- Prix honoraires exclus : 780 000 €
- % commission : 6%
Nestled in its vineyards, located near the forest, the ocean and the Pyrenean valleys, New Aquitaine includes the former regions of Aquitaine, Limousin and Poitou-Charentes. This region lives at the rhythm of the new century without denying its penchant for culture, gastronomy, sports, nature, in a word: the art of living.Learn more about the region