Chateau in Limoges
Between Auvergne and Limousin, 18th century castle classified as Historic Monument with its outbuildings and a large park of 13 hectares
Located in the heart of the Marche (former region of the Ancien Régime), the Château MH is built on the foundations of the old feudal fortress that crowns the hill and dominates the village.
Accessible through a private driveway lined with century-old trees that opens onto a courtyard of honor, it includes :
– the first floor, accessible on each side by two granite staircases with double revolutions, covers about 675 sqm and includes: a hallway with a beautiful granite staircase, an old oratory, two large living rooms, a dining room with a granite fountain and 5 bedrooms; the rooms contain beautiful 18th century decorative elements: parquet floors, stone slabs, woodwork and fireplaces ;
– on the second floor : 15 rooms to be restored;
– a ground floor with beautiful medieval remains, notably one of the defensive towers, a series of vaulted rooms with their medieval paving, a vast kitchen with a monumental fireplace and rare pivoting ironwork, and the former “guards’ room”;
This keyturn castle has all the comforts (careful decoration, modern kitchen, central heating, collective sanitation).
The former janitor’s lodge, located next to the main entrance gate, has been entirely restored very recently: kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, laundry room, terrace.
The outbuildings located on both sides of the castle include various buildings (some to be completely restored) including a 16th century house with beautiful period features (monumental fireplace, granite staircase with central core, etc.) and several barns, former stables, stables, dovecote, orangery, that is to say a potential of more than 2,000 sqm!
A protective environment of 13 hectares is located all around the Castle. There is the main courtyard, the esplanade lined with trees on the south side, meadows and woods ensuring complete privacy.
This property, witness of the History of France, can be at the same time a beautiful family house and/or be adapted to projects of reception.
– Railway station (Paris – Toulouse line) at 30 mn (daily bus links with the Château);
– Limoges or Clermont Ferrand : about 100 km ;
– In the village : all shops, pharmacy, doctor, restaurant, school.
– City at 10 mn : hospital, college, high school, shopping areas…
Information on the risks to which this property is exposed is available at: www.georisques.gouv.fr
You Advisor : Patrick EYMARD
- 1000 m² interior
- 4 bathroom(s)
- 40 room(s)
- 130000 m² outside
- 10 room(s)
- Movie theater
- Hospital / clinic
Honoraires : Comfort and equipment
ECD blank, non-usable consumption
Nestled in its vineyards, located near the forest, the ocean and the Pyrenean valleys, New Aquitaine includes the former regions of Aquitaine, Limousin and Poitou-Charentes. This region lives at the rhythm of the new century without denying its penchant for culture, gastronomy, sports, nature, in a word: the art of living.Learn more about the region